toilet siphon renewal? update

Put a new siphon in at the weekend but with the same problem (no flush with normal turning. Need to force quickly). The shop gave me a "high level" siphon even though my pan is connected to my cistern directly with no pipes. They said both types took the same siphon.

Went back to my old one and found it worked better than the new one as the new one was shorter and caused problems with the ball lever.

Any further suggestions?

Reply to
lavenders19

Get a Fluidmaster flapper valve and a lever conversion. They didn't used to be legal in the UK, but give a much better flush.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

These things, IMO, are total pants, and ought to be disallowed (our govt. isn't allowed to make its own law in every way any more, though). They all start to leak and waste water.

To the OP: This is really odd. The height of the syphon should not matter (as long as it fits in the cistern, and is not submerged). Can you take a picture or two, and put them up on a "free photo site" place?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

I think the height mattered because the lever arm could move freely underneath the top (larger than remainder). As the siphon shortened, the lever got caught with the larger head and became stuck.

Reply to
lavenders19