Toilet Removal

Hi all

Sure I've seen a link for this but....... Anyone point me in the direction of a procedure for removing a toilety please? The problem is it's the type with a down pointing discharge which has been mortared very solidly into the flared end of a glazed drain at floor level. Said drain is concreted into the floor with only the flared section above ground level.

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Grind it off!

Andy.

Reply to
Andy

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "TheScullster" saying something like:

Sledgehammery and just lightly tappy the sidesy... wear wellies.

Once you've exposed the stubby part left in the soil pipe, stick a drain rod down there with a flat rubber doofer on it to catch any bits that might want fall down. Remove the stubby bit with a chisel (wear goggles, that stuff is sharp).

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Dirty, smelly job. Use overalls gloves and goggles. Plenty of bleach solution as well. Break main pan up using a hammer. As soon as you can stuff rags etc down the drain to below the socket to prevent bits going down drain.Then carefully break up pipe section going drain socket. When the pan outlet pipe is down near the socket drain start to remove cement/sand joint by using a hammer & chisel but always work inwards towards to the pipe opening. If you chisel outwards or downwards you will break the stoneware socket.

If you do break the pipe socket, (quite usual) you can completely break out the socket and buy a plastic socket with a spigot where the spigot has rubber fins which go down inside the drain pipe.

Reply to
Merryterry