To preserve outdoor wood . . . or not?

I used the same system on the windows at the south-west facing back of my house. Despite taking three times as long to apply, it lasted the same length of time that slapping on cheapo gloss from a shed did; 1 year.

They'll all be uPVC in a couple of weeks time.

Reply to
Huge

I wonder why the variation in results.....

Ah....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Dunno. I was very assiduous in applying it. Followed the instructions to the letter, but it made no difference. Believe me, I'd rather do just about anything than spend my weekends up a ladder painting windows. And as for whoever decided to fit Georgian barred sashes, grrrrrr. (If that's what they're called - lots of small panes of glass with wooden rails between. Awful things.)

Reply to
Huge

Hi,

How did it fail? Did the paint peel from the wood or a previous coat?

Was it painted from bare wood, if so what primer was used?

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C