To Hugo

"Hugo Nebula" wrote

> > >Hugo Nebula wrote > > > >> >> Last point first: my introduction message is standard on all my > >> >> follow-up messages. It's meant to be humourous....It wasn't aimed at you > >> >> personally, and I certainly wasn't 'having a go' at anyone. > >> > > >> >Accepted, even though you did it again! > >> > >> I'm buggered if I'm going to change it just for you (in Scouse the > >> expression is "gerra sensa yuma"). > > > >OK - but you'd get what's coming if you walked up to somebody in Liverpool and > >called them a Chimpanzee! I have a great sense of humour, but it lives > >alongside a respect for other people's feelings. I thought about calling you a > >Baboon, but decided it would be too offensive and immature. > > ...And nothing to do with my big red arse. > > I apologize if you were offended. It certainly wasn't meant to be > offensive, and no-one who I've ever replied to with that introduction > has taken it so. > > >I was trying to get my head round the logic of what I see as an anomaly between > >the permitted constructions of roofs and timber framed walls in terms of > >interstitial condensation and ventilation. I am perfectly happy to accept I'm > >wrong, and if so I was hoping you might be able to explain. We all learn by > >making mistakes and being corrected (except for IMM that is). But if you're not > >inclined to understand what I am saying or to give me a logical answer then > >let's drop it - I will go and ask TRADA. Thanks for trying, anyway. > > AFAIK a timber framed wall construction and a cold roof above a > vaulted ceiling utilising a breather membrane in lieu of ventilation > of the void between the rafters are the same. I'm sorry, but I don't > understand where you think the difference is, and I don't know how to > make my explanation any clearer. > > It's not been my intention to have a go at anyone, and I'm sorry if > you think I have been. I've only been trying to answer your questions > to the best of my knowledge.

Dear Hugo

I want to apologise and explain something. When I said "Don't call me a chimpanzee" I was smiling, not being precious. I can see the plain words, without any body language, would come across to you like that, but really I was poking my tongue out at you in fun. Of course, you wouldn't have known that and I really regret the way this developed into a misunderstanding. I'm sorry too.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Taylor

aaah group hug ((oooooo))