Time to work the new wire cutters in

It's the Knipex 74 01 200.

The old ones have done their stuff and the new ones arrived today. They might be the same cutters in name and number but they are not the same - the new ones are still sharp [1] and they have not yet moulded their plastic handles to fit my hands.

[1] That means a lot when stripping a cable, a different pressure is applied to do the same job when using the old well known cutters.
Reply to
ARW

The inscription suggests it might be good for stringing up loud-mouthed apprentices.

Reply to
Graham.

The pivot also usually frees off ever so slightly which makes a big difference for that job too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

As a pro then I can assure you that I usually blow them up (or have an apprentice blow them up) by cutting a live cable LONG before the pivot wears out:-)

Cheers

Reply to
ARW

Hmm. I'd not lend out my expensive cutters to an apprentice. Lidl every now and again do a set of cutters pliers and wire strippers quite good enough for that. Really, not bad at all at about 2 quid per tool.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)