timber merchants - chamfer in purlins.

Yes, it's me with the purlins again. Is is likely that a timber merchant would be able / willing to supply

4m beams with a 10-20 degree chamfer off one corner down the whole length ? How much might they charge for this. Yes, I will ask them, but ball-park prices ? Cheers, Simon.
Reply to
sm_jamieson

Hm. £20, at a guess. How much of a chamfer? Would it be a stopped chamfer? What size timber?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

prob 175 x 63mm I guess. Length 4000. Stopped chamfer - not sure yet. Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

It's unlikely they'll cut you stopped chamfers - how much timber will you be removing? Could you DIY it with an electric plane?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

So about 2 mins work with a circular saw then?

Reply to
John Rumm

The one neer me will do this.

Rick