Timber floor in bathroom

We are converting our existing kitchen into a bathroom & my wife is set on a timber floor, but gets conflicting advice.

As it is a ground floor room, whatever we lay will have to be onto concrete.

Can anyone advise of the draw backs of putting in a laminate or timber floor type into such a bathroom

thanks

Reply to
TomBrown

You don't want the benefits then? Only the drawbacks?

The main one being wood is entirely unsuitable unless caulked, varnished and maintained with the attention you pay to ships decking, to being constantly exposed to water.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher