Tiling and new bath

[Forgive me for re-posting this as a new thread (previously at the end of 'Stud wall?')]

I'm fitting a new bath, and the fitting instructions say that you should, using the two angled steel brackets, screw the bath's wooden frame to the wall. The wall, in my case, is a stud wall. The walls are then to be tiled. The question: to me, it seems sensible to tile before the old bath is removed thus preventing dropping anything into the new bath. Obviously the new bath will have to go exactly where the old bath was so that the tiles line up properly. This'll require good measurements. What are the pros and cons of tiling before/after new bath fitting?

Reply to
Graeme

accepted wisdom is to tile after fitting bath.. In many situations you wouldn't get the bath in anyway if you tile first. Can't think of any pros to tiling first ... you shouldn't mark the bath if you take care to protect it e..g gaffer tape round the edge and old towels in the bottom

Reply to
BillV