Three sided shower cubicles

If it stays on their shelves for more than a couple of weeks, it's not turning the stock over fast enough for their business model.

Reply to
John Williamson

Fine - of course that is entirely your choice. But I was really trying to explain why a bath is so important to so many people.

Without explanation, you would probably never be able to guess why my partner can't shower - it is nothing to do with standing/sitting or anything like that at all. At it appeared out of nowhere.

Reply to
polygonum

Fair enough... the obvious one for a smallish 3 bed terrace (as it is) is I suppose the early years of a baby.

Fair enough. I can't imagine whatever it is is common though given what you say. But if I wasn't able to shower, I'd probably have to consider moving house anyway, as being 6' 4" I don't fit a normal bath usefully well and would have to move to a house with a larger bathroom for a larger bath (or I suppose knock the bathroom through into the second bedroom and extend by a foot or so).

Neil

Reply to
Neil Williams

Fascinating. I would have expected illness to move people from "prefer bath" to shower-only much more frequently.

Reply to
Martin Bonner

It can also do the opposite.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Build your own..see a glaziers about how to get glass cut, and door hinges etc. Silicone teh joins after screwing together..fit seals to the door..and off you go

I did and it was 1/4 the price of the stuff SWMBO was looking at in the showrooms

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I think you will find the opposite to be more common. there are a lot of elderly and infirmed that can't get into a bath (or more likely out of) that can sit on a shower seat and have a shower.

I was thinking of putting in a steam cabinet, you can get a two seat one that fits in about the same space as a bath. They also double as showers.

Reply to
dennis

Certainly it can.

Reply to
polygonum

Put something similar to the internal glazing widely used in Russia. It's just a sliding window that fits flush to the inner wall. All you would need is a suitable pane -fixed. Perspex would do.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Wet rooms suck.

You poor thing.

Reply to
Huge

SWMBO has just had a hip replacement and found having a walk in shower level with the bathroom (and no bath to act as an obstacle to have to clamber over) an absolute boon.

Generally anybody who can sit in a bath can sit on a stool (made for the purpose) in a shower. Her room in hospital had just a shower.

Derek G

Reply to
Derek Geldard

Perhaps polygonum's SO has a hole in the top of their head?

Reply to
Huge

Yes, I had a bike accident two years ago and was on crutches for six weeks. Walk in shower big enough to take a plastic chair was a godsend.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

++

A few years ago, we put a shower in my Mum's house. At the time, she said "What a waste of time/money". Moving on a few years, (& her having reached the tender age of 89, and living on her own), she has begun to struggle with getting in & out of the bath, and we got her a seat for the shower and she loves it.

Reply to
Allan

Reply to
kfitzpatrick291

Reply to
kfitzpatrick291

Do you not suppose he might have finished it now two years later?

Reply to
John Rumm

Not if he's like me he wouldn't!

Reply to