Thermal Store

What's the point, you will screw it up anyway.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

If you had told me what you intended to do, then I would have advised on a superior solution. All you had to do was ask.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Absolutely. Then we could have all had a good laugh.

Reply to
Andy Hall

But instantaneous electric sink top heaters with twin combis is a win win win win situation.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

.........Lord Hall says....

........yes Lord Hall laughs at such things.....make your mind up folks.....

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

...Lord Hall said......

.......then his Hibernian caber tossing sidekick interjects with a brain wave of inspiration.......

......there you go...he did actually say that.....yes he did.....and he doesn't want any cabers near the sink heaters ................

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Yes! ;)

Only came across it as I was searching for info on why scale tends to form more readily at higher temps, the first link gives a good explanation of that.

It looks like they have quite a list of clients in industry, where magnetic descaling can be of some use. I doubt they would want to sully their name by selling something to home users that just doesn't work.

OK as a sceptic one could argue that the high price of the units covers the cost of returns.

Anyway I get the impression most people who fit softeners do so to get more lather in the bath or shower, I wonder if an electronic descaler would make any difference even if it did reduce scale as claimed.

It would be fairly easy to test the effect of the unit on water with some detergent added compared to a control, and return the unit if it fails to perform.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

Or could it be that these "clients" are actually individuals working for those organisations (they are all large) who ordered a unit and had it sent to their office address because they weren't going to be at home?

Of course. That's exactly what the game is.

- Very low manufacturing cost

- Moderately low marketing cost

- Low enough selling price so that a significant proportion of people won't bother to return them when they discover that they have been had.

- Low enough selling price in relation to things that do actually work to attract the gullible.

The result is a license to print a moderate amouint of money.

The water is not chemically altered (removal of calcium and magnesium ions) and that is the requirement to reduce scaling, scum and produce more lather while reducing detergent and shampoo use.

It will fail to perform, so the exercise is pointless. If detergent cost reduction and soft water is what you want, there is only one way to achieve it and that is with an ion exchange softener. The salt cost is offset by the detergent and shampoo cost saving, so you have only the capital cost to consider.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Lord Hall has some imagination.

to open account