There goes the neighbourhood.....

B&Q is attempting to 'feminise' its stores. It wants to turn all the stores, originally designed to have a masculine feel, into a more attractive offering for female consumers.

't be able to find a bag of cement for all the scatter cushions & design accessories.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Pffft, sexism and patronising. Who says no men have an eye for interior design, who says that us women worry our pretty little heads about going in to any old outlet we want if we need something from it.

Reply to
Lino expert

Who me or B&Q :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Look on the bright side, you won't have to be able to. The idea behind this is that she'll want to nip in for the bag of cement instead...

;)

Noz

Reply to
Nozza

Hehehe, B&Q of course. Maybe they should just be honest and say there's more profit in the fripperies than their other lines. I see in the article they then go on to say how many women work for them, to me that has no correlation whatsoever to what they sell. I think they've played the wrong card.

Reply to
Lino expert

It also says, "We are also trialling a handyman service."

Put your dress on, Dave, and you could be in there ;-)

Reply to
mike

I would agree with the statement "Research showed that women controlled up to 85% of consumer goods spending and made more than 80% of the purchasing decisions in homes". They certainly account for 89% of the decisions to hire me.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

At the prices they charge I would wear a dress!

The Medway Handyman

Actual decisions, or just the phone call? Of course there's the factor of some men still finding it difficult to seek assistance and women then getting hacked off with their (if you'll excuse a technical term) "fannying about". I wouldn't dispute that perhaps women bother more about finishing touches to a place - but to nip in to B&Q for some curtain poles/door handles etc. isn't exactly made daunting by the fact that....gasp...there may be men in there.

Reply to
Lino expert

Some years ago the wife was in the market for a decent second-hand Estate car. The Audi A4 or 6 and Volvo V70 were contenders.

Audi dealer salesman spent more time reeling off figures and performance aspects addressing me all the time where I several times pointed out that she was paying and was the -customer-.

Volvo dealer quite different approach and dealt with her answering her rather practical questions .

Had the Volvo for quite some time now.. And that was directly influenced by the respective dealer salesman attitude...

Reply to
tony sayer

Jesus H Christ. Not cheap...

Reply to
Doki

Would be a bit different from the naked butler services some places offer...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I reckon I can drive anything really..I just veto the frankly dangerous/uncomfortable cars..

otherwise its what fits the dogs..for osme reason heated front seats are a big hit here..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No doubt the design accesories will be matching tools in shocking pink!

Reply to
cerberus

In message , cerberus wrote

Reply to
Alan

When they start adding a full blown Cafe in all of em I'll start worrying

Reply to
RW

Only it won't be a proper cafe selling fry ups & big mugs of tea. It will be selling skinny latte's & pannini's.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Oooo..I must get SWMBO a collection for all those 'nagging' little jobs ;-)

Reply to
cerberus

They already are

Reply to