Them solar panels are very robust

http://tinyurl.com/mppcgaa
From
http://tinyurl.com/lcrt3gc
Bungalow is 'smashed to smithereens' in massive explosion
Reading the comments, was that one about hydrogen escape from charging batteries a remark about an actual incident or merely a H&S survey?
Lee scribbled...

Who'd want to keep the batteries in the house? For a start, they stink.

But who turned on the gas, anti FIT activists?
On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 10:06:10 AM UTC+1, Artic wrote:
Do you think they still work?
Solar panels in Waales sounds like an oxymoron.

It's you that's the moron. http://midsummerenergy.co.uk/solar-panel-information/Utilities/SolarInsolationMap
On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:50:29 PM UTC+1, harry wrote:

Said Harry and posted a link to a chart from a vendor of solar panels.
Excuse me for pointing out the bleeding obvious, Harry, but the bits of Wales I frequented were hilly and frequently/usually covered in mist/cloud and rain.
From your link, it appears that these hilly, misty & cloudy bits receive exactly the same amount of incident solar radiation as every other bit of Wales.
I suspect your chart may be a tad inaccurate, Harry.
Onetap scribbled...

Solar panels only stop producing power at night.
On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:08:26 PM UTC+1, Artic wrote:

And when blown up.
The claimed amount produced by that chart is dubious, IMHO.
Onetap scribbled...

Met Office...
The hilly nature of the terrain in Wales and its proximity to the Atlantic tends to encourage cloud cover. Even so, the south-western coastal strip of Pembrokeshire manages an average annual sunshine total of over 1700 hours, which is comparable to the 1750 hours achieved by many places along the south coast of England. The dullest parts of Wales are the mountainous areas, with average annual totals of less than 1200 hours.
On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 11:49:27 PM UTC+1, Artic wrote:

70% of the sunshine received by the rest of Wales; not what Harry's chart would suggest. The remoter areas would be more in need of an off-grid power supply.
Onetap scribbled...

FFS the map colour denotes a spread of possible power that may be expected. It's also a sales brochure, not a scientific document.
On Thursday, September 19, 2013 12:26:11 PM UTC+1, Artic wrote:

It is a "Solar Insolation Map of the UK" according to its title. I haven't the foggiest what one of those is. The units used (kWh/kWp) don't mean anything to me either, but I couldn't be arsed to look up what a kWp is.
It's also a sales brochure, not a scientific document.
Quite so, which gives those in less favoured areas, who would be in greatest need of such a product, a misleading idea of the kWh produced per annum.
Harry could have found something better, I'm sure.
On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 21:08:26 +0100, Artic wrote:

Ones is Spain (IIRC) didn't even stop then.
--
Cheers
Dave.
On 18/09/13 21:08, Artic wrote:

aeroplanes only stop thjeirengines when they are off the runway.,
But they are a piss poor way to get from one end of a runway to the other..
--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) – a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.
On 18/09/2013 21:08, Artic wrote:

And when it goes dark in a storm.
Or when the angle of incidence is low.

Presumably all the grey areas are rated as off the bottom of the scale

"Last night Mrs Wright, 49, a photography lecturer, was understood to be flying home to confront her appalling fate."
Blimey; they've really got it in for her.
On 21/09/13 12:45, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

neighbors didnt like her solar panels?
--
Ineptocracy

On Saturday, September 21, 2013 12:45:37 PM UTC+1, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

Life in South wales; ranks alongside breaking on the wheel and burning at the stake.