Them solar panels are very robust

From

Bungalow is 'smashed to smithereens' in massive explosion

Reply to
Artic

Reading the comments, was that one about hydrogen escape from charging batteries a remark about an actual incident or merely a H&S survey?

Reply to
Lee

Lee scribbled...

Who'd want to keep the batteries in the house? For a start, they stink.

Reply to
Artic

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 10:06:10 +0100, Artic

Reply to
The Other Mike

Do you think they still work?

Solar panels in Waales sounds like an oxymoron.

Reply to
Onetap

It's you that's the moron.

harryagain

Said Harry and posted a link to a chart from a vendor of solar panels.

Excuse me for pointing out the bleeding obvious, Harry, but the bits of Wales I frequented were hilly and frequently/usually covered in mist/cloud and rain.

From your link, it appears that these hilly, misty & cloudy bits receive exactly the same amount of incident solar radiation as every other bit of Wales.

I suspect your chart may be a tad inaccurate, Harry.

Reply to
Onetap

Onetap scribbled...

Solar panels only stop producing power at night.

Reply to
Artic

And when blown up.

The claimed amount produced by that chart is dubious, IMHO.

Reply to
Onetap

Ones is Spain (IIRC) didn't even stop then.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

aeroplanes only stop thjeirengines when they are off the runway.,

But they are a piss poor way to get from one end of a runway to the other..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Onetap scribbled...

Met Office...

The hilly nature of the terrain in Wales and its proximity to the Atlantic tends to encourage cloud cover. Even so, the south-western coastal strip of Pembrokeshire manages an average annual sunshine total of over 1700 hours, which is comparable to the 1750 hours achieved by many places along the south coast of England. The dullest parts of Wales are the mountainous areas, with average annual totals of less than 1200 hours.

Reply to
Artic

70% of the sunshine received by the rest of Wales; not what Harry's chart would suggest. The remoter areas would be more in need of an off-grid power supply.
Reply to
Onetap

Presumably all the grey areas are rated as off the bottom of the scale

Reply to
The Other Mike

Onetap scribbled...

FFS the map colour denotes a spread of possible power that may be expected. It's also a sales brochure, not a scientific document.

Reply to
Artic

It is a "Solar Insolation Map of the UK" according to its title. I haven't the foggiest what one of those is. The units used (kWh/kWp) don't mean anything to me either, but I couldn't be arsed to look up what a kWp is.

It's also a sales brochure, not a scientific document.

Quite so, which gives those in less favoured areas, who would be in greatest need of such a product, a misleading idea of the kWh produced per annum.

Harry could have found something better, I'm sure.

Reply to
Onetap

And when it goes dark in a storm.

Or when the angle of incidence is low.

Reply to
dennis

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 10:06:10 +0100, Artic

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

neighbors didnt like her solar panels?

Reply to