The Ice Cream person with their jingle has turned up

Is this allowed I wonder? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

Angle grinder?

Reply to
Andy Bennet

Not round these parts

Reply to
R D S

on 15/05/2020, R D S supposed :

Not seen one for weeks..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Our council have explicitly banned them.

Reply to
R D S

Overlooking Ribblehead Viaduct on the Hawes to Ingleton road there always used to be an ice cream van parked, serving the people who parked there to admire the viaduct or to go for a walk. They did very yummy ice cream.

A local Facebook group that I subscribe to reported the other day that after a long absence, it has recently started to appear again, with suitable social distancing markings and signs, now the rules on going out for the day have been relaxed a bit. All's well with the world when the Ribblehead ice cream van comes back ;-)

Reply to
NY

Selling heroine, crack, .... ?

Reply to
Andrew

Who would that be that they're selling then?

Reply to
Chris Green

I suspect if I used that on them I'd get arrested. The children were of course all over it. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

Well its been around twice today. Its been pretty warm of course. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

Ours plays a different jingle when he is selling tobacco.

Reply to
ARW

"NY" snipped-for-privacy@privacy.invalid wrote in news:r9mf3g$ed$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

I hope it blends in tastefully with the views.

Reply to
John

I don't know, but take-away sales from restaurants are permitted, so this may qualify.

In a local park the ice-cream hut was already open for the season. The council had put up large posters on the wall saying that anything bought here must be consumed off the premises (the hut is in fact too small to have its own seating) and this meant that the nearby set of park benches and picnic tables must not be used. They had even put posters on many of the seats saying the same thing.

Of course people, mainly mothers with children, were buying ice creams and sitting down to enjoy them in the sunshine. I might have done the same but the queue was rather too long.

But I have no doubt that if the police had seen them there would have been trouble, as I'd seen people sunbathing entirely on their own being moved on by police a couple of days earlier despite there being no possible harm to anyone from them doing that.

I think the guiding light of this government is that you can do almost anything provided it is good for you but not enjoyable.

Reply to
Clive Page