That Ladder Thing

How about a rope ladder ? :-)

I could never manage those happily. The trick, I was taught, is to put one leg at each side of the ladder to prevent pushing it away from you but I still wasn't good at it. Could never climb a rope either ... Spouse went up and down them like a monkey.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Not in flight I hope ...

Reply to
Mary Fisher

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Dave saying something like:

Had to jump up and down on it to get the bloody thing straight, I suppose.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Do you know what a taileron is then?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I would have loved a flight 'in' the aircraft, but not 'on' it. In a power dive, it is rumoured to change the location of your last meal vertically :-(

Dave

Reply to
Dave

The message from Dave contains these words:

It's a bloke called Ron who makes clothes?

Reply to
Guy King

I once had a 20 minute flight in a Hercules.

Looking out over Wiltshire from the rear doors was fabulous.

Going back to Lyneham the low resonance, the smell of aero fuel and the physical throbbing was awful. I felt terrible, couldn't fasten my seat belt and shut my eyes. Then I saw red flashes through closed lids and knew I was dying. I didn't actually vomit but didn't really want to live either ...

Afterwards my RAF son, who'd been sitting opposite me, said that I'd looked green. I said how bad I'd felt, he said that he could tell that, that's why he took pictures of me for the record. Those were the flashes.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher