'Temporary' fix for skirting?

Our bathroom is tiled all the way to the floor which, of course, means that some tiles have cracked. Rather than searching for a match (in good nick but they must be over 40 years old), I was thinking of skirting the room. The problem with this is that if I fix all the skirting properly, it will prevent me from taking the bath panel off. So, I was thinking of fixing most of the skirting with gripfill (a la normal) and the crucial bits with something like silicone, which would let me pull them off if and when I need to, without ripping all the tiles behind them. Does anyone have either a) any clever suggestions as alternatives or b) any suggestions of what sort of silicone-y gunk would be best to use?

Many thanks and Happy Christmas!

Reply to
GMM

Can't the bath panel have a separate section of skirting (bit of skirt)? Silicone doesn't allow you to pull anything off anything IME

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Just screw it and fit some plastic covers

dg

Reply to
dg

Have you considered using Velcro?