(Temporary) convert a wheelchair to a sedan ?

How old are you, actually?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

To be honest, it doesn't work too well. It's still very hard to push. I've used shuttering ply for this. Annoyingly hard work over a long distance though. If it's a flash wedding they'll have lots of little balloons that float up on a sting. Maybe get hold of a few hundred of them and float the old girl along...

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Also whether it's pebbles or crushed stone. Pebbles are much worse, and oddly I think they're worse when it's been raining.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I presume that that is just a figure of speech, as pulling is usually easier than pushing on soft/moveable surfaces.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

Maybe you need a couple of wheelbarrow style handles on one side, and a big dyson style roller ball on the other. That way you only need one person to do the lifting and pushing ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Maybe this would give some inspiration?

polygonum

Naw, make the track into a loop and have a frame to carry it from the back of the wheelchair, over the top and down to the front. Just push and it self lays...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Many of the US customers are especially pleased with their improved ability to kill and maim other creatures, thanks to this device.

Something something irony something....

Reply to
Steve Walker

It may, of course, give the occupant the impression of being in a hamster wheel.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

I find it amazing just how many different solutions you find by Googling for all terrain wheelchairs. It is obviously something many people have found to be a problem.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

I was wondering if an 'aqua bubble' could be made tough enough to withstand tyres on gravel

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

A roller zorb with open ends might be easier to get a wheelchair into. Might get a bit too interesting if there is anything of a slope though.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

It has to be American: 350 to 600 lbs capacity!

Reply to
newshound