Tech Digital TV Q

OK ... seen the Adds that BT now provide BroadBand customers with BT sports channels for free .. Applied to BT to get an ID code to watch. So far been unable to watch though. Even though the 'free Channels' show in Freeview Channel list - you can't 'click to view'
I have a SMART TV with 100Mb LAN connection ........ this allows perfect browsing, BBC/ITV/Ch5 iplayers, Netflix etc.
However even though I have the access ID and BT Broadband, there is no player ... spoke to BT they said I need either their BT TV box, connect an iPad or Android device (or Sky) Now the whole point of a SMART TV was to avoid having to connect such devices.
Does anyone know of a workaround to get the free BT Channels on a SMART TV.
Typical BT, not knowing that this obvious need was there or maybe not telling their staff how to tell you to get it to work. Brian
--
From the Bed of Brian Gaff.
The email is valid as snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk
On 21/10/2013 00:50, Brian Gaff wrote:

so does anyone know how to get it to work
Rick Hughes wrote:

Don't think it does on a smartTV, but you can watch on a PC over broadband.

Presumably SMART need to update the firmware on the TV to make it work with whatever BT provide?

On 21/10/2013 15:12, Jeremy Nicoll - news posts wrote:

BT don't provide any TV player ... only iPad & Android versions ... that is the problem. Guess I'll have to go with plugging my phone in and run player on my phone. Pain is signal is then WiFi and not using the LAN connection to TV
On Mon, 21 Oct 2013 16:09:07 +0100, Rick Hughes wrote:

Why is that a pain? Unless you have *really* crappy WiFi it's not going to struggle with the 2 Mbps or so BT Sport stream.
--
Cheers
Dave.
On 21/10/2013 17:05, Dave Liquorice wrote:

It is a pain ... get pixellation or buffering, that is why TV has a wired LAN connection.
Using phone WiFi disply ... as a guide, WifI sig strength is down to 1 bar at the TV .... only one room away form HomeHub 3
Have tried Ch analysis and set to clear Channels - no real improvement - it may be TV also does not have good WiFi Antennae.
Just had a call form BT Sports Support ........ the official answer is this is not supported on SMART TV's .... but they do expect an App will be produced at some future date.