Tech Digital TV Q

OK ... seen the Adds that BT now provide BroadBand customers with BT sports channels for free .. Applied to BT to get an ID code to watch. So far been unable to watch though. Even though the 'free Channels' show in Freeview Channel list - you can't 'click to view'

I have a SMART TV with 100Mb LAN connection ........ this allows perfect browsing, BBC/ITV/Ch5 iplayers, Netflix etc.

However even though I have the access ID and BT Broadband, there is no player ... spoke to BT they said I need either their BT TV box, connect an iPad or Android device (or Sky) Now the whole point of a SMART TV was to avoid having to connect such devices.

Does anyone know of a workaround to get the free BT Channels on a SMART TV.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Typical BT, not knowing that this obvious need was there or maybe not telling their staff how to tell you to get it to work. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

so does anyone know how to get it to work

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Presumably SMART need to update the firmware on the TV to make it work with whatever BT provide?

Reply to
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts

BT don't provide any TV player ... only iPad & Android versions ... that is the problem. Guess I'll have to go with plugging my phone in and run player on my phone. Pain is signal is then WiFi and not using the LAN connection to TV

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Don't think it does on a smartTV, but you can watch on a PC over broadband.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Why is that a pain? Unless you have *really* crappy WiFi it's not going to struggle with the 2 Mbps or so BT Sport stream.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

It is a pain ... get pixellation or buffering, that is why TV has a wired LAN connection.

Using phone WiFi disply ... as a guide, WifI sig strength is down to 1 bar at the TV .... only one room away form HomeHub 3

Have tried Ch analysis and set to clear Channels - no real improvement - it may be TV also does not have good WiFi Antennae.

Just had a call form BT Sports Support ........ the official answer is this is not supported on SMART TV's .... but they do expect an App will be produced at some future date.

Reply to
Rick Hughes