TCT Core Drills

I always though North London was more civilised than South London, where I am. It seems not. :(

Reply to
Si

Small boy with a large water pistol.

Reply to
Skipweasel

Dunno mate, I don't go sarf of the river after dark....

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Would a laser help here?

If it's parallel with the bit it and pointing at a spot on the wall it should help keep things on target.

I'd try it out with a keychain laser and some blu-tak.

Does your van have an alarm BTW? If so would it be worth having a GSM dialler?

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

CCTV? I have a 100% success record in discovering which yobs did the two break ins and 3 vandalism attacks on my van. The hit and run driver also got a shock when I turned up on her doorstep the next day and asked her to pay up.

I fetch my core drill, SDS drill, test case and cordless SDS in everynight, the rest stays in the van.

I allow for a few tools a year to go missing. The loss of time changing a window or lock also needs to be accounted for.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

I can't guarantee where I'll be parking. By the book you are even meant to use CCTV except /over/ your own land. The council will grant permission for you to install the camera to look over one fixed location. If I thought this was the way that would not stop me though.

I'd probably have to add my decent jigsaw and cordless drill/driver to the list.

Thanks for your useful comments.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Yes it has a main-dealer fitted alarm, which may act as something of a minor deterrent.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Maybe that suggests that there is something worth nicking?

mark

Reply to
Mark