Talking of mixer taps...

When is someone going to introduce Peeny Pads? :-)

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Make sure the end of the tap is clean. A crusty bit of limescale on the end upsets the equilibrium that normally holds the water in place. From a tiny drip, a mighty torrent doth grow.

OK, I just made that up but it's worth investigating.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

That CAN have an effect but over 40+ years I've never been able to shift limescale from a tap spout.

Can you suggest a non-destructive method?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Didn't Kim and Aggie use a lemon and something else solution in a plasic bag?

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Just use your favourite limescale remover. Put some in a small plastic bag secured by elastic bands so that the tap spout is sitting in the solution.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Who?

No idea.But I wouldn't believe it would work ...

...however, it's given me an idea - a limescale remover in a plastic cup. I'll report - thank you.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Because it takes away some control over how and when I pay the bill (which piggy-bank I raid).

Yes, but they can't help themselves to money. At least not legally.

With the council - yes, they lose cheques despite me being helpful and writing the Ref. No. on the back for them

With DDs generally - I knew someone who worked in the DD section of a major mortgage lender (in Leeds as it happens, IIRC). She said she would never use DD having seen what went on behind the scenes of payment processing.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I think I'm /more/ polite on newsgroups.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Probably, it's what they use for almost everything. I'm glad they didn't go into the medical profession.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

You might actually have a point there. I will furkle shortly.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

You *really* don't want to know, Mary.

When I first "met" you I thought you were odd for not having a tv, now I think you might be the only sane one amongst the lot of us :)

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Why not put all your piggy banks into one account?

They can't with DDs.

That's not DD.

That's hearsay ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I'm not :-(

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

OK, I'll take your word for it.

Ah - it's telly.

You know I was taken to task once for not having a telly, by an Italian. He said it was our culture, that we HAD to watch it.

He, like most people, thought we must be bored without something to do in the evening.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Because then I'd spend it all :-(

I have an immediate spend piggy-bank, an intermediate/emergency piggy-bank, and a couple of longer-term notice and investment piggy-banks.

All the piggy-banks are with reputable financial institutions (or Tesco, which I consider to be more reputable than most banks) except for the fifteen-year-old glass fruit-juice jar from M&S that is used for Small Change.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

That would make my little brain hurt something cruel!

I have a household current account, a honey money current account (goodness knows why) and credit card and high interest savings accounts associated with each. They're all accessible on-line and I can transfer between all of them. Usually, though, it's just transferring excess funds from the current to the savings accounts. I can't understand how we get to that situation after decades of poverty and worrying about bills but there you go. Credit cards are paid by DD from associated accounts. I've never had any problems over many years.

He, of course, won't make any decision about money ...

And I wouldn't have anything to do with on any level, financial or otherwise!

Like John Peel, saving 2ps for your funeral ?

:-)

My small change used to be in a cash box under the desk but I rarely have any now, I don't carry cash.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher
[Kim n' Aggie lemon potions]

I bet they would have no truck with MRSA though. :-)

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

YOu are very well organised. I don't trust online banking, but I do have neatly tagged bundles of statements.

*because* you had decades of poverty and worrying about bills.

It gets taken to the bank and changed into Real Money whenever it gets full up (or whenever I'm really skint)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Oh no ... it's taken me decades to get as far as this. And I've just remembered that my car insurance is due next Tuesday, pure chance. Now that COULD have been a disaster.

Why am I not surprised :-)

I've honestly never had any problems with DD or on-line, when I do I'll jump up and down so hard you'll all feel the Earth move. But I HAVE had problems - many - with the postal system.

Every now and then, two or three years or when the piles of paper slide to the floor, I have a filing binge. Paying everything by DD or on-line doesn't mean a paperless life:-(

No, we now have no mortgage and no kids at home.

Oh bliss ...

Oh I think such savings should be used for luxurieswhich you couldn't normally justify..

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

They are - when I'm skint and can't afford food, look at Penny Jar and think: Aha! I can eat tonight!

Owain

Reply to
Owain