Surface wiring

Yup, first time I ordered 16mm D line, I thought nope that is no good for man nor beast[1] and asked them to go fine me something large enough to use.

[1] 2 x cat5 would be a push for that, whereas you can get 4 x cat5 in the normal 16 square trunking.
Reply to
John Rumm

There are recommendations ISTR...

(I may stick some more in the joist when I have something in there to stand on other than tip toes!)

Reply to
John Rumm

stick the pixel width in the image link, so:

[[image:myimagefile.jpg]]

becomes:

[[image:myimagefile.jpg|512px]]

Specifies 512 pixels in the x direction...

Of if you do:

[[image:myimagefile.jpg|thumb|You can also stick a free form caption here]]
Reply to
John Rumm

This is 16mm wide trunking encased in a 33mm x 16mm strip of softwood, that inside I've routed out a slot.

(given up on photobucket)

Primarily it's done here for mechanical protection as next to it is stored our Henry vacuum cleaner, and as vacuum cleaners go he is a bit boisterous when being returned to his staircase cupboard home.

However, if I were running cables across or down a wall, I think it looks a lot nicer than just the naked trucking, and the wood can be painted or stained as a feature. In fact a line of them centrally below a wall mounted TV wouldn't look too bad either, with the advantage that cables can easily be removed and replaced when needed.

Then again YMMV.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz