Sure fire way to drain outside tap pipe run.

We have an long outside pipe run to the outside tape, at an estimate 4m. It has quite a 'drop' on it, perhaps 1.5m over the 4m.

While the tap has a small drain screw, which I always use, and of course I turn off the water in the winter (in fact whenever the tap isn't in use), enough water always remains to cause a problem if we get low temperatures- either a burst pipe or a failure in the solder joint.

I've removed the tap in the past to ensure the pipe is fully drained but this is a 'faff' and I would prefer a quick method- ideally one my wife can use (she is the main user of the tap). I've thought of either another 'tap' with a wider 'bore' "tee'd" off the pipe to either drain it or admit air at the top of the 'run' but has anyone another method- this can't be a problem unique to us.

(We mainly use rain water collected in a 'butt' for watering BTW, the tap is only used when the butt is empty or either clean water or a hose is needed.)

Reply to
Brian Reay

If you leave the outside tap open in winter it is surprising it actually produces enough pressure to burst. There's no dip in the pipe to retain water? You could replace the whole run with plastic which is less likely to burst, though it can force the connectors off.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Are you sure you want to keep your sig line plug for the government? I think the fraud level is far lower than in many other benefits. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Benefit Fraud is unacceptable, not only is it theft it harms those who genuinely need our support in other ways.

Reply to
Brian Reay

It is part of his vendetta against a particular poster he has a longstanding feud with.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

self cutting drain point at top of run. Easy.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

It has no significant effect on other benefit claimants. It's also far from the real issue. In fact probably more fraud occurs by those who assess & pay out benefits.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Fraud or, Dog Eat Dog?

While I would like a good and fair system, it really is not. We all know the source and route of wealth; upwards.

Benefits acquisition? It would be nice to think that people who have needs would be dealt with promptly and, in fairness. Currently, that is not the case.

Read this account from a DWP call centre worker and understand, this is the programme for all call centre workers throughout the system.

(I may have attained this link from this group so?)

...Ray.

Reply to
RayL12