Superbeam - non uniform beams

Is there a way in Superbeam to handle non uniform beams:

eg a nominal 4x2" with another 4x2" bonded to the top with glue and screws for about half the length?

None of this is critical, but I am interested in how the floor in my dormer alcoves will behave with a bit of reinforcement.

Even the 4x2" ceiling joists (assuming C24 - it's good wood) over a

3.35m span is surprisingly strong for a L/360 (10mm) deflection. All I'm trying to do is get a rough idea how much stiffer they'll be with a mod.

This is all 4 decades old bodgery I am making a "bit better" - so it's not a case of bringing up to modern standards - but rather a case of being aware what that part of the floor can be loaded to in practice and not doing anything daft like filling it with bookcases!

At present, just working to ceiling rafters, I reckon I could get something like 350kg-f dynamic load (3 fat blokes), 150kg dead load (furniture) and 140kg dead load in the attic side ("stuff").

Given the smallness of the alcove and the lack of height under the hipped roof, this is all likely to be reasonable... There's no real risk here except a cracked ceiling so for once I'm pretty chilled about things :)

Reply to
Tim Watts