Suitable for Fully Pumped or Gravity Programmer - For Combi??

Will a Drayton Tempus 7 programmer work with a Combi system?

It says it is suitable for fully pumped and gravity systems, but I'm not sure if a combi system is either?

Many Thanks

Reply to
Richard Faulkner

Probably not. Many combis require any external programmer to have volt-free contacts - which the Tempus 7 may not have. In any case, the Tempus 7 provides control of CH *and* HW - which you don't want. Your combi provides hot water on demand, so HW doesn't need programming.

Your best bet would be to use a battery-driven programmable room stat such as a Honeywell CM67. This *does* have volt-free contacts and will bring the heating on when required - at different temperatures at different times of the day if you so wish.

Reply to
Set Square

Use a programmable thermostat and leave any combi controls on 24h.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Yes it will work, it has volt-free contacts, but you probably won't want the Tempus 7 as it has controls for hot water too, as others have said. Nice programmer though (I've got one).

Reply to
Winged Cat