Storing Nails

The plastic screw top containers I use come from sainsbury's and are sold as "soup". I have a piece of ply hung from a rafter in my shed. The plastic lid of each container (remove soup first :-) is screwed to this, so that the storage is out of the way, but still accessible. Lately S has changed to squarer style containers. I am thinking of making a tray/shelf to hold these, to sit at the back of the workbench.

Pete

P.S. while I was collecting these, I discovered that Sainbury's chicken soup contained 6% chicken. Whereas the "taste the difference" chicken soup was 7%! (woweee!)

Reply to
Peter Lynch

This is entirely reasonable. They are targeting discerning customers with this, and clearly a discerning customer could tell the difference ;-)

Reply to
Andy Hall

Strangely Lamello, who you'd think would know about biscuits, seem to supply them (1000 qty) loose in cardboard boxes with no internal sealed bag or the like.

Reply to
Matt

============================= I stored my biscuits in plastic cartons simply because it was convenient to do so. At some point Norm Abrams ('New Yankee Workshop') stated that he did the same to keep his biscuits dry. I think it would require a very damp atmosphere to affect biscuits sufficiently to make them unusable, which suggests that Lamello do indeed know what they're doing. The issue for me is convenience but of course there is the added benefit of keeping out the probably imaginary damp.

Cic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 524 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
Cicero

The stuff in jars is *gravy granules* it is not oxo cubes before compacting. For one thing the cubes do not contain any thickener.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Don't forget that Lamello target their high quality products mainly to the professional market. This would assume use of production quantities and so 1000 would not hang around that long.

Even so, I have some boxes of Lamello biscuits in different sizes that I bought several years ago. I've used maybe 100 of the 20s and a similar number of the 10s. The remainder are still fine with no special storage.

I either use Lamello biscuits or sometimes, Tanseli and both seem pretty good.

Reply to
Andy Hall

OXO tower you say?

As a woman once allegedly posted on a restaurant review site:

"When my boyfriend told me he wanted to take me up the Oxo Tower for my birthday, I was a bit hesitant at first because I didn't really think it was my scene. How wrong I was! I mean, yeah, so it's a bit of a strain on the old back pocket, and I admit I did feel a bit uncomfortable initially. But a couple of cocktails helped me relax and soon I was really getting into it - we carried on well into the night. It was a great experience and I really loved it - so much so that I won't let my boyfriend take me anywhere else now! So if anyone ever wants to take you up the Oxo Tower, just throw caution to the wind and go for it!"

Reply to
Matt

If you buy them in plastic bags, the bags are the type that split no matter how careful you are.

Reply to
John

That was what I had in mind.

There used to be two restaurants on the 8th floor - one a brasserie and quite reasonably priced but very noisy and one more conventional, expensive and quieter. I haven't been lately, but believe they've consolidated to one now.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I think you missed the jist of my posting by about 10 billion light years :)

Reply to
Matt

au contraire. I introduced the tower association....

Reply to
Andy Hall