Sticky pull chord switch

Bathroom fan, only a year or so old. Now have to pull gently to stretch the chord, let go so it "pings" then I can pull normally to turn off/on.
Too hard to explain to SWMBO and guests.
Any clever solutions out there?
--
AnthonyL

On 17/10/2018 12:12, AnthonyL wrote:

Replace the string, if it's really that. Or replace the switch.
On Wed, 17 Oct 2018 11:12:54 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@please.invalid (AnthonyL) wrote:

You might find some stuff has fallen into the back of the switch so check that out first.
Cheers, T i m
On 17/10/2018 12:30, T i m wrote:

+1.
Also WD40 <ducks>
On Wed, 17 Oct 2018 14:34:19 +0100, newshound

;-)
Cheers, T i m
On Wednesday, 17 October 2018 14:34:22 UTC+1, newshound wrote:

Yep a bathroom is a good place to keep ducks :-)
Hmm, I'd actually tend to have a look. Its probably muck. Also any grease soon seems to dry out. I had an Akai tape deck with a push push switch. Same principle as pull switch but in reverse and it had hardened grease inside. Scraped it off and put tiny bit of lubrication on the sliding bit and it outlasted the deck. Brian
--
----- --

+1 (stands up proudly, but prepares to dodge any flack)
--
Ian

On 18/10/2018 08:50, Ian Jackson wrote:

Nice to see that meaning of "flack" being kept alive.
But do please also dodge any flak :)
--
Robin
On Wednesday, 17 October 2018 12:12:56 UTC+1, AnthonyL wrote:

It's probably one of these inside https://www.lampspares.co.uk/side-action-pull-switch-with-cord/
Owain
On Wed, 17 Oct 2018 08:39:32 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

I'll explore once I can turn the power off.
--
AnthonyL

On Wed, 17 Oct 2018 15:55:45 +0000, AnthonyL wrote:

Sounds like a lost chord.
On 17/10/2018 16:39, snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

Thats handy to know about..

Josef Stalin
On 17/10/2018 12:12, AnthonyL wrote:

possibly grease dried up..try taking the cover off and using silicone spray...
--
Labour - a bunch of rich people convincing poor people to vote for rich
people