Steamer / kettle (not) PC lead?

Those clips are rubbish - if you're lugging the kit around, then they catch on things and bend. They don't fall off, they get pulled off because they're mis-shapen and now in the way.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Yes, It *does* work that way round - but not neccesarily the other (PC lead into a kettle). Have a look next time you are out shopping...

:-)

Reply to
Adrian C

Hi there are various IEC sockets and plugs which allow different amp ratings.. Sockets (female, the one on the cable are C3,C5,C7,C13,C15 (the one the the notch) and C19 the retangular one. The plugs (male) on the equipmnet are C4,C6,C8,C4,C16 (the notch) and C20 I have posted a detailed drawing on my site at

which i hope will solve all your problems. The company Bulgin make versions of these that you can wire yourself .

hope this helps and ( a quick plug) if you ever need flight cases please just look at my normal site

mrkanetoyou

It me again - can i post pictures direct to here instead of having to put them on my website ?? - if so how

Reply to
mrkanetoyou

No, photos are not acceptable here.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Hmmm,, they lasted on 3 disco amps, console and varios light sequencers ok .. maybe it depends who is moving the stuff about ;-)

The

You could use a 'std' socket without the cilp though couldn't you (so no worse off)?

Ah, they were the ones that should of been the clipped type then (with a cable tie round the lot to stop the clip coming undone) ;-)

LOL

I suppose if yer kit is hard wired, someone else can't unpower *your* kit to power theirs eh (well, only at the 13A plug top) ;-(

Assuming yer hard wired lead would reach in the first place that is (and I know you are talking XLR here) .. "I have a long IEC lead here if you wan't it ..?" .. doh!

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Like that mains lead you know you should stop and collect up .. now if you *wanted* to tie a perfect bowline round a door handle as you walked past with an arm full of gear do you think you could do it ... ?

Like old Centronics printer / SCSI retainers ... ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

p.s. I was watching a guy fit a suspended platerboard ceiling the other day and he was using a pair of those stilts that are fashionable these days.

I noticed he slipped his DeWalt drill / driver into a holster on the back of his belt when he needed two hands free and I asked him if he had ever 'missed' the holster and chucked the drill on the floor?

He said "plenty of times but never when there weren't a few people watching" .. lol

Reply to
T i m

The operative word there being "may." The cold condition connectors were originally rated at 6 amps, but this was upped to 10 A quite a long time ago now (early 90s, IIRC). So only old cordsets[*] will be 6 A rating (these have/had 0.75mm^2 flex, whereas 10 A ones have 1.0 mm^2).

[*] Thunderbird's spell chequer suggests that the word "corsets" should be used here :~)
Reply to
Andy Wade

?TabID=1&ModuleNo=1176&doy=12m2It might be difficult to guess what size mains cable is used if moulded plugs, so better safe than sorry.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

as here. TTBOMK the standard (IEC 60320) requires the connectors (C13 & C14) to have 10 A rating. Obviously with a rewireable plug you could make up a 500 mA rated cordset with bell wire if you so choose...

I found

which is a useful summary table of all the types and their rating.

It's often embossed on the cable jacket along with the markings.

Reply to
Andy Wade

Power Cord UK Plug to HOT IEC Cable (Kettle Lead) C15 2m with kotch

Reply to
Ex customer Service engineer