Steam Press

Probably off topic ------ but does anyone have any experience of these for ironing clothes and if so what brands Thank You

Reply to
Leveled

I use mine - a Singer - for table linens and curtains. I don't find it as useful for things like shirts.

Reply to
S Viemeister

I opted to buy a steam generator iron, because I couldn't imagine a steam press being too useful, for general ironing.

Reply to
Anne Welsh Jackson

What brand? I've been considering getting one.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Me too.

I bought a Philips 8220 from Argos

It's wonderful. I run a bed & breakfast, so, on a 'good' day, I can have 5 quilt covers, sheets & pillow cases, 3 table cloths half a dozen napkins on top of normal ironing. It's a breeze even if stuff has been overdried and is a bit wrinkly. I really fancy a rotary iron like

Only downside it the intermittent pump noise as it maintains pressure.

Cheers,

William.

Reply to
William McNicol

Definately the way forward, you won't credit how well they iron things. We have a Steamworks from (IIRC Argos.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Would generally vouch for these too... we got one a couple of years ago, slight problem with heat-up times compared to a normal steam-iron, however, on a very odd occasion that we need to iron-and-go, and choose to use the conventional steam-iron it's pitiful by comparison to the steam generator. Both same make (Tefal), both pretty expensive (high-end of their respective ranges), but the steam-generator eats the steam-iron for breakfast.

Don't get me wrong - I hold no enthusiasm for ironing, but anything that makes this soul-destroying job easier has to be a good thing.

Reply to
Mike Dodd

I bought a Russell Hobbs. Tesco's had discounted them by about £20. I'm not all that persuaded that they're a whole lot more efficient than a normal steam iron, although most of the olk I know who have them rave about the advantages...

Reply to
Anne Welsh Jackson

I like the idea of the larger tank, and greater quantity of steam. I've not used one, though.

Reply to
S Viemeister