Squeeze-bottle with syringe needle in cap?

Has anyone seen these for sale anywhere in the UK:

?

Good for refilling inkjet cartridges, etc.

Thanks,

Al D

Reply to
Al Deveron

How do you accurately measure the ink volume using one of those? Besides which blunt needles are not good for inserting into the cartridge - you need at least a partial facet on the tip.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

You get them with inkjet refilling kits. ;-)

I use the old ones as oil droppers.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

most inkjet refill kits

NT

Reply to
meow2222

You can always buy a syringe at your local chemist. I think I paid 20p for one a couple of years ago.

Reply to
Pinot Grigio

That is true, but then you have to wash out the syringe each time you use it. My plan is to have 4 of the aforementioned squeeze bottles filled with each colour of ink. No cleaning involved.

Al D

Reply to
Al Deveron

Errr, use 4 syringes? One for each colour.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

I don't, is the quick answer.

Not in my case.

Al D

Reply to
Al Deveron

Yes; that is my alternative (second choice) method. Slight risk of ink residues drying inside the syringe, though...

Al D

Reply to
Al Deveron

PS - and, most syringes don't hold as much ink as, say, a 125ml poly bottle. I am trying to minimise the fiddly stuff because I am constantly having to refill, doing large print runs (2,000 sheets etc.)

Al D

Reply to
Al Deveron

Really? I have never seen that type of bottle, with a sysringe needle projecting from the cap, in a refill kit. But then, admmittedly, I don't buy refill kits...

Al D

Reply to
Al Deveron

I think you need a different printer technology. Doesn't it cost a fortune to feed an ink jet for that kind of volume. How do you find the quality of refill ink as opposed to branded?

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Err... colour laser?

Or if this is 2000 copies of the same original, offset-litho starts getting affordable for those quanitities.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

There is nothing more suited to my needs, that I'm aware of.

Not really, when you buy in bulk quantities from my suppliers. It's cheaper tha colour laser printing, for example.

Absolutely fine, thanks.

Al D

Reply to
Al Deveron

It is my impression that colour laser printing costs more, when you factor in the cost of the printer as well as the toner and drum replacements. I buy inkjet ink in bulk quantities.

I did look into all this a few years back, and find I am still using my refillable inkjet printer, so I guess I found it to be cheaper an/or more convenient. It is slow, but that doesn't bother me.

Al D

Reply to
Al Deveron

You must like being covered in ink. Some cartridges only take a couple of millilitres of ink.

Being in the business of cartridge supply, we do quite a few refills every day and our experience is that the ideal tool for inserting into sponges is a proper hypodermic needle, which we buy in bulk. However, the refill kit manufacturers shy away from them, because of liability issues in the USA. The result was a trial with blunt needles, which proved to be a serious error and they now use half-pointed ones, which seem to do the trick.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

I think theyre Kores brand kits. Needles are blunt, which Ive nt found any problem.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Why not use a bulk feed system ?

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Well, Colin... considering all the wrong assumptions you have jumped to about the nature of my printer and its cartridges, I can only say I'm glad I'm not one of your company's customers! :-]

Al D

Reply to
Al Deveron

I'm not sure what kind of thing you mean, but will do a search for them. Thank you.

Al D

Reply to
Al Deveron