square Water butt??

I want to collect the rain water off the roof of the house but our existing round water butt is too wide to fit between the conservatory and the fence and still leave enough room to get passed. I've tried turning it round but its too wide whichever way I fit it.

;0)

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what cheap container can be used to collect rainwater but isn't as wide as a round water butt?

ChrisJ

Reply to
ChrisJ

Diet? :)

Two smaller water butts? What sort of size of space are you looking for?

Reply to
Ian Stirling

I'm after a square water butt, too. I did see a narrow round butt in B&Q today, about 500mm diameter if that's any use ?

Reply to
.

Plastic header tank ?

Colin Wilson

In message , ChrisJ writes

A second hand fuel tank?

The requirement for *bunding* has released a number of single skinned but serviceable tanks. Usually found stacked at your local installer's yard.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

butt, bottom of the page, any good ?

Reply to
.

The message from ChrisJ contains these words:

I've got a similar problem and have decided in the end to weld up a steel frame, box it out with ply then line it with the leftover dpm from making the conservatory.

Reply to
Guy King

BTW, ISTR BES are cheaper.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I just used it as a quick example of shapes :-}

Reply to
Colin Wilson

|In article , | Colin Wilson writes: |>> Does anyone have any suggestions as to what cheap container can be used |>> to collect rainwater but isn't as wide as a round water butt? |> |> Plastic header tank ? |> |>

||I'm intending to go down that route when I get around to it. |BTW, ISTR BES are cheaper.

Plastic Dustbins under the eaves of the garage are cheap, and work fine.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

On Wed, 10 May 2006 21:28:56 +0100 someone who may be ChrisJ wrote this:-

might give you some ideas.

For those that want to do more than just water ther garden companies like

can do a lot more.

Reply to
David Hansen