Square plastic tube inserts - supplier of small quantities ?

Hi all
I'm looking for a small quantity of these
maybe 10 of 2 sizes - (to fit 15mm id and 20mm id square section
steel.
It's for the framework of my new market stall - which has a very
'posh' fitted cover (courtesy of the local sailmaker) - over a
're-engineered' box steel framework.
What I want to avoid is the ends of the box steel framework catching /
wearing on the fitted cover & making holes - these things (in the
link) seem to be the right part for the job.
Trouble is, a quick Google shows many people who would love to sell me
500 of the things - but nobody (so far) that's interested in 10's....
So - anybody seen these in 'retail quantities' anywhere - ideally on
the web ?
Alternatively, any creative suggestions for achieving the same effect
by another means ?
Thanks in advance
Adrian
Reply to
Adrian
================================== This place sells by the 'handful' if you can find one of their local outlets:
might be able to use a few squash balls or even tennis balls but it might be better to get your sailmaker to sew in strategically placed leather patches.
Cic.
Reply to
Cicero
Have I missed something but Sti223 20mm x 20mm 0.8 - 3.0mm Black are available in quantities of 10+, albeit at £1 each, but if you want 10000+ they are only 2p!
Coincidently I had a sample from them a couple of weeks ago of a rubber ferrule and found them very helpful but then I do intend ordering about 500.
Peter
Reply to
Peter Andrews
Hi Cic
On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 21:45:19 GMT, Cicero wrote:
Maybe I'll drop them an email - thanks !
Wish I'd thought of that when he was doing the sewing
The nature of the thing is that the cover will need to be pulled over the frame - so it's probably best to cover any 'pointy bits' of the frame.....
Outdoor markets don't start again until Easter - so maybe I need to put the stall up one day soon when there's not a gale blowing and see where the potential hot-spots might be...
Thanks Adrian
Reply to
Adrian
HI Peter
Thanks for the reply - I'd somehow missed that (doh!)
Actually - trying to place an order for ten of the inserts with them I end up with ten inserts at UK Pounds 1 each..... followed by p&p of 26.45 UK Pounds ! and then VAT - bringing the total per insert to 4.28 UK Pounds !
Phew ! - that's a bit on the 'steep' side For that price I can hand-carve some wooden bungs !
Yes - I thought about being cheeky and asking for samples - but I'd really need ten or so - which is pushing my luck a bit
Many thanks Adrian
Reply to
Adrian
In the past I've found Components Direct useful for this sort of thing. Small quantities can be requested as samples and I see they now do packs of 50 on the website:
Reply to
Andy Wade
HI Andy
Unfortunately, they (Components Direct) don't supply outside the UK, and their sister company JetPress doesn't seem to have a presence in Ireland - where we are
I'll drop CD an email though and see if there's any way they can supply me....
Nice range of 'widgets' though ! - and reasonable (UK) postage costs. Thanks Adrian
Reply to
Adrian
On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 17:30:26 +0000, Adrian wrote:
Towsure had some in their Southampton branch back in the summer. They have a web site at
so you will be able to find if there is one near you.
What you want they have as end blanking caps in their trailer chassis section.
A camping shop is not the first place one would look for useful items away from tents etc but I have found they stock some useful bits.
G.Harman
Reply to
oldship
HI
Many thanks - not quite the right size but could (probably) be made to fit.......
...just need to see about their delivery to Ireland - I'll email them..
I'm sure I dealt with them many years ago when converting a caravan chassis into a trailer - very helpful, if a litle on the slow side with deliveries...
Thanks again Adrian
Reply to
Adrian
In message
Try these people
they use the ends for sealing aerial tubes.
They list 15mm tube. Not sure if they could help with 20mm.
Barry
Reply to
Barry Smith

Site Timeline Threads