Spray foam insulation on a metal garage roof

Yes, just - and I think that what you suggest is emerging as the favourite solution, especially given that I was planning on lining the walls too, which would create a more-or-less completely sealed box within the original garage structure.

Many thanks for the thoughts.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

Thanks for that. As you might see from my earlier reply to John Rumm, this is definitely emerging as the favourite approach.

I've bought Celotex seconds in the past but I can't now remember the source. I'll do some searching around.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

Thanks for the warning. I think securing to the rafters and to new battening along the sides is probably the way to go.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

One oft seen recommendation is:

you are anywhere in reach of Essex, then there is also a very good place in Benfleet.

Reply to
John Rumm

Insulation Services in Pontypridd:

. They've just quoted me £15 each for 2400x1200x50mm Celotex, plus £30 delivery; I'll compare that with Seconds and Co.

Out of interest, I just checked Wickes: their price is £27.98 for singles (not seconds, of course) reducing to £19.98 each for ten or more.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

That sounds reasonable...

Our local place was doing seconds at £12, and new at £14 - but that was about two years ago before the VAT rise. So I would expect them to be more now.

Yup - paying full retail for them is pretty painful. When I wanted a loft load Jewson wanted about £2,300 for what I needed. The local supplier did it for £700 inc delivery.

Reply to
John Rumm