speedfit to copper

A quick question:

I am about to replumb the entire bathroom and for ease of work (for my benefit) am going to use SpeedFit stuff for the work.

However I have 4 pipes (cold,water, rad-in and rad-out) that are copper.

can I get away with just using the speed fit connectors or do I have to use compression connectors for the initial connection between copper and plastic pipe?

Cheers

Paul

Reply to
P.A.Osborne

As long as the copper pipes are clean and not scratched, SpeedFit will work just fine.

Reply to
Grunff

Thats what I wanted to hear!

Thanks very much.

--Paul

--has a lounge full of bathroom stuff waiting to be installed now

--the roof has been fixed.

Reply to
P.A.Osborne

Given the source, Paul, I think that's a recommendation NOT to use Marley Equator....

Reply to
Bob Eager

OK knock it off all of you, you have enough willy waving wars elsewhere on the group.

Is there nowhere safe for a simple question?

I wish I had asked the question as follows:

I intend to use quick-installable-overpriced-but-easy-even-if-you-do-need- extra-supports plastic plumbing in the bathroom and want to connect it to copper......

--Paul

--already bought the speedfit stuff on reccomendations of others

--so the arguing makes no difference to me.

PS: I also have a Dyson DC02 around 7 years old which works fine and dandy

Reply to
P.A.Osborne

Send it back. It is notorious for leaks when under strain and hot. When cool it may re-seal itself. Who recommend it? A DIYer? Please!!

Reply to
IMM

In article , P.A.Osborne writes

The fittings are designed to go straight to copper so no problem, I wouldn't worry too much about the sagging, it will make no difference, mine sags all over the place *and* there's sideways pressure on the joints where I've cabled the stuff, as long as you've pushed the pipe fully home it will work fine.

Reply to
David

quick-installable-overpriced-but-easy-even-if-you-do-need-

What??? Support it at all points. In fact long length sould be fixed ona wood baton, as old lead was. Long straight lengths are best in copper.

What nonsense! Clip and support the right away. If there is a big leak and it is not supported correctly the insurance will not pay.

I would hate to buy your house in the future.

Reply to
IMM

In article , IMM writes

You speak out of your arse most of the time so you're not worth getting into a discussion with

Reply to
David

Faced with such a well reasoned and comprehensive argument I find myself at a total loss...

Reply to
Grunff

Correct, you are a loss.

Reply to
IMM

What is it? I hit a raw nerve. You obviously realised you may have a big problem. Get it fixed and now.

Reply to
IMM

Ah, but do you have an Aga? :-)

Reply to
Bob Eager

That would cap it all.

Reply to
IMM

No, can't say that I want one either.

--Paul

--imm wondering where my killfile has got to...

Reply to
P.A.Osborne