Speed up the ball bearing

After more than a few spins, the free fidget spinner that we got from a newspaper offer now seems more noisy than when we first got it.

I read not to put oil in the ball bearings because that will slow it down.

Would a *tiny* drop of WD40 (according to NASA not a lubricant, but a moisture displacement agent) or a *tiny* drop of silicon oil likely to speed things up?

Reply to
john west

I have no idea to what you refer. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

on 05/09/2017, john west supposed :

WD40 will dry out to become a thick wax. A thin normal oil might work, such as sewing machine oil.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

fitting some decent quality bearings would be the first thing

Reply to
MrCheerful

+1
Reply to
newshound

WD40 is white spirit. It removes any lubricant present

The first thing would be to bin it. You only get 1 life, don't piss it away.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Try powdered graphite (used for locks)?

Reply to
Bob Eager

More likely to build up and cause skidding. NASA found this in the

1960's. There are quite a lot of rolling element bearings used in satellites for solar panels and attitude control wheels. Indium plating was one of the things used, also low volatility oils, but I am not very up-to-date.
Reply to
newshound