SP101 plywood for LVT flooring

As part of the work in our kitchen & dining room, the builders jacked up the joists under the dining room across the middle so it's a lot closer to flat & no longer bouncy, then covered the floor of the combined rooms with 6 mm plywood (using a lot of screws).

We are planning to get an LVT floor put down, & the flooring company recommends adding a layer of 6 mm SP101 plywood before gluing the LVT down. There's plenty of room for the extra thickness, because we had originally planned on an engineered wood floor but it's impractical to make the two rooms flat enough for that.

They don't require the SP101 layer, but they will give a better guarantee on the flooring with it. Any comments on this?

Reply to
Adam Funk

How flush are the large number of screws, could the show through the vinyl planks, would the floor fitters be gluing, or pinning the additional plywood?

Reply to
Andy Burns

The existing screws are mostly slightly sunk in, flush at the highest.

The floor fitters will either glue the LVT directly to the existing plywood, using some kind of thick adhesive that fills gaps, or screw SP101 plywood on top of the existing plywood then glue the LVT to that.

Reply to
Adam Funk