Sourcing a Part L compliant part glazed stable door

Hi

We are doing an extension and need to source a Part L compliant stable door. We are in a conservation area so it has to be a particular design ; it has to have a solid wood bottom half and a nine glazed panels wood top half.

We have been to the sheds (Wickes, Homebase, Focus & B&Q) who all have such a design of door (it seems to be the exactly same one in each shed), but their information on it says it is not Part L compliant :(

Does anyone have experience of sourcing such a door ? Can anyone point us in the right direction of where to get one from ?

Many thanks in advance if anyone can help

Val

Reply to
Val

You need a "door shop", they exist with literally thousands of doors to choose from.

Alternativly there are plenty of people about who will make you a door

- I make my own.

The problem is to acheive both looks and "part L" one possible solution is to buy two doors, a cheep "part L" door, which you use to pass building regs, and a nice door to replace the cheep door once you have final sign off.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

You may need to go to a joiner who will make a one off for you. I've made doors that are easily compliant but you'll have to expect to pay a good deal more than from your favourite sheds.

Reply to
Biff

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 10:52:44 +0100, a particular chimpanzee named Val randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

It's the _extension_ that needs to comply with Part L. The openings should have an _average_ U-value of 2.0W/m²K, so if you need to, the glazing to the windows could have a lower U-value, enabling the door to be 3.3W/m²K.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula