Source for cap for CH pump auto air valve

as per title.

Having suffered a leaking (and then some !) AAV after flushing and inhibiting my Vaillant boiler ...

I removed the offending AAV, dismantled, cleaned, refitted, and it no longer leaks. Two days running, and no air in system (and pressure is being maintained, so the expansion vessel seems to have done the trick).

However, the original cap had deteriorated and the top cracked off.

Googling doesn't seem to help. I know Grundfos/Vaillant would *like* to sell a new pump for the want of a cap, but I can't believe they aren't available as a separate item ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

I haven't see a pump with AAV built in - is a standard one attached to a threaded port? AAVs themselves are not expensive - look at BES. You might end up having to buy a new AAV just to get a cap though.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

No. The "body" of the AAV is moulded plastic - part of the pump assembly

- into which screws a brass cap which contains some sort of valve and float assembly (this is the bit I removed, and cleaned).

I know there are lots of pretty pictures of complete brass AAVs with a small threaded part at the bottom. But this isn't it.

Ah, that's a possibility ... thanks.

When I worked in the motor trade (before t'internet) I sourced quite a few circlips, washers, plastic screws and components which manufacturers insisted "only came with the carburettor/distributor/headlamp/....). Almost invariably these were the parts that "mechanics" threw away as they had no idea what they did.

Reply to
Jethro_uk