Sound proofing?

I remember working on 'The Bill' where the story called for one of those semis with a side door. Had to travel miles to one.

Halls adjoining was the most popular for Victorian semis in London at least. Mine is one - and the sound insulation between the two ground floors main rooms is very good indeed. Not between the kitchens or the front bedrooms.
My neighbour, when I first moved in, used his kitchen as his sitting room - easier to heat. And had a chiming clock - or rather two - on the mantelpiece. So I didn't need a clock in my kitchen - except they were always wrong. ;-)
--
*Someday, we'll look back on this, laugh nervously and change the subject

They were sold for a short while in the US. Early EFI for emission reasons and twin headlamps. There are a few NASA spec ones in the UK.
--
*Welcome to Shit Creek - sorry, we're out of paddles*

The reply would be:-
'Your house needs to be big to contain your mouth.'
--
*It IS as bad as you think, and they ARE out to get you.

Huge wrote:

led up a gravel drive, the American says "Why does your house have two front doors ?". The middl
e manager was mortified and shortly sold his semi and moved to a detached house.

An American visitor called my reasonably sized kitchen, "A one person kitchen, that's for sure."
And can you sort out your line length?
Bill

There's nothing wrong with my line length.
--
Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 70th day of Bureaucracy in the YOLD 3180
"I do not want people to be agreeable, as it saves me that trouble of