SOT: Where do they get these people?

Surely the flatbed truck men will take those away within a couple of hours? It's fridges they won't touch.

Reply to
Andy Burns

You need a better class of Waste Recovery Operative (Unlicensed). Round here many will happily touch a fridge or freezer. Mind you, that's usually to rip out the motor/compressor and leave the rest behind.

Reply to
Robin

Yes, I would just to be bloody minded. Of course it all depends on which side you decide to measure. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Landfill tax is an EU regulation.

The Natural Philosopher

Seems eternal September has a stutter for some people in the last few days, at least three of them. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I poked fun at ours when they started using terms nobody understood. Note it said. this new company has agreed to curtilage collection, if you need an assisted collection, then please ring etc.

I said, who's curtilage, mine or yours, ie inside or outside my boundary line. If its outside then yes I need help, if its inside then no. On the other hand, will they put the bins back where they took them from or do as the previous contractor did and create a slalom down the pavement on collection days? Needless to say, I never got an answer and ended up waiting to see what happened. They wanted them on the pavement so I got a free assisted collection which eventually meant they put them back where they got them, but sadly every other bin is still in the slalom down the road, so I stay in on collection days. :-)

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It would have taken too much effort to get them to a suitable 'collection point' (i.e. the front of the house).

Reply to
Bob Eager

Inside the Turnipbollocks head.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That will save the council a lot of money that it is at present forced to pay for teams of refuse removers working on fly-tips. (Now that potential f ly tippers can at last provide themselves with something in which to bag th eir tips.)

What is to stop them from cutting holes in their bags though, or taking the time to deposit them upside down? Or stealing used and possibly defective bags from other fly-tips?

Answers on a sae coming to an hedge near you.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

The rest behindfulness is the best bit for potting pot in low heat emitters. Not that today's drug thug hasn't moved to light emitting diodes at signif i-can cost saving.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Yes, I assumed he mean't the size of a box type rubbish container. I should've clarified.

Reply to
Bod

no, the charge is made by the County Council, who look after the main "tips". It's district councils who have to clear up the flytipping mess.

Reply to
charles

It's fairly typical of central government. Reduce grants to a council but insist they improve services and even add new ones. So something has to give - like charging for things they once didn't.

Exactly like junior doctor's contracts.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Weren't the waste regs passed by the UK Parliament? Didn't the UK choose to follow standards proposed by the EU?

Reply to
pamela

Borough of Reigate and Banstead, Surrey.

Reply to
The Other John

It's Surrey County Council who are imposing the charges. Your Borough Council, like mine, has to clear up the mess left by flytippers.

Reply to
charles
.

Great - I have managed a dishwasher and a Nissan Tailgate. A matter of pride and risng to a challenge! Have seen people go to the tip with cardboard boxes - not flattened!

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Many places (like here) have a unitary authority, so there isn't that kind of division. However, the person who gets brownie points for a new recycling scheme probably isn't too worried about flytipping since it's not part of his remit.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

They wouldn't do well here. I'm pretty sure there isn't a skip for cardboard at our Recycling Centre & if your waste doesn't fit their categories you can't get rid of it.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

OOI, where is that?

IMO New Forest District Council and Hampshire County Council have been reasonable about the whole waste thing - so far.

Richard