Something trivial

"Scabbydug"

Hmm, that's interesting:

As a schoolkid there was a fad for making 'scoobydoos': out of what was really plastic wire sheathing. Bet I could still knock up some snazzy green and yellow 'woggles' and key fobs from the left over metreage!

Seems, since then the name got pinched to apply to some old cartoon...

Spamlet

In Scotland it means a rather mange ridden dog :0)

Reply to
Scabbydug

They came back in fashion a few years ago (about 5 or 6) the younger Scout groups were doing them, making allsorsts with the coloured plastic. In fact, I have seen the plastic within the last few weeks, because I said to my wife 'are they are coming back in fashion again?'

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Yes, they were selling them down the pound shop recently.

Reply to
Bob Eager

What when they can charge you 99p for a 1m length (Homebase a while back)

Reply to
Tony Bryer

I got all mine from the electricians that came to the school I worked at :-) I must have a life times supply now.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Nothing to do with the state.

Plenty of fittings include heat resistant sleeving if needed so why not earth ones?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Indeed - that's why I buy a drum of it when needed. About every 20 years. ;-)

Even TLC have a high cutting charge if you look at the prices here:-

Dave Plowman (News)

Like they have on French cables...?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

But isn't French cable radial cable? :-)

Reply to
Rod

They popularly use singles plus conduit and bucket loads of flexible conduit. You can get a wide variety of colours including green/yellow from the usual places like Casto and Leroy Merlin or less expensively from electrical suppliers.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Sods law is... when you go into the loft and find some earth bonding cable that the sheath could have been used.

Arrrgh!

Reply to
George