Some kitchen questions.

...you...

Reply to
Jimk

Only when pricks like start up Duhve ;-)

Reply to
Jimk

"Willy-wave-Dave"...

Reply to
Jimk

Must have saved you a bomb....

Reply to
Jimk

Went to a local firm for a quote. They do all sorts of worktops in real marble, granite, etc as well as 'artificial' stone. And was surprised to find artificial can be more expensive than real.

I chose an artificial branded Compac.

£3750 in 20mm £4460 30mm - both including fitting plus VAT

Bit more than I hoped for what isn't a large kitchen.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Are you just showing off? Because I don't think i'm spending that redoing the whole kitchen! :)

Reply to
R D S

No. That's why I asked for a rough price here. As I hadn't a clue. So thought others might be interested too.

Well, I built the original kitchen some 40 years ago, and apart from new doors on the cupboards (and new appliances) is still the same. So I'd rather have what I want and have it last. Unlike some who just replace the lot every so often. ;-)

Haven't made up my mind yet about paying that much.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

London prices :-(

Reply to
Andrew

I have worked for people that pay that for the extractor fan.

Reply to
ARW

In message snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk>, "Dave Plowman (News)" snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk> writes

Following your enquiry, I had a close look at our corrian.

The upstand has a radius joint rather than a simple 90 deg. The window ledges are *jointed* but you need a magnifying glass to find the join. There are drainage grooves which have a fall to the sink. There is a raised curved lip along the front edge from the draining board section and along the front of the sink.

If you don't have a boiling water Quooker, the sink can match the rest of the worktop.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

And some of them are still only recirculating. ;-)

All show and no function.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

When our house burnt down and was basically a right-off, we whipped out the stainless steel sinks and installed them in our new property. That was in 1998, and I can see no reason to change the sinks.

Reply to
GB

Really? I'm sure they still work OK. But a stainless steel sink doesn't stay like new, unlike a porcelain one can.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks for proving how penis fixated you are, Jim.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Makes perfect sense, I agree.

I couldn't though, just no!

If you do though, and you are happy with the results, I reckon you've scored.

Reply to
R D S

To be fair to him I paid a guy to fit us a kitchen a few years ago. I had to chuck him out after about three weeks and ended up finishing it off myself.

Christ only knows where he got our units, I thought they were Lakeland with a 15 year g'tee but they weren't and the doors all warped.

All told it was a complete bag of shit and cost me about 5k, in hindsight a complete waste of time and money to the point where I wish i'd spent more.

(Or done it myself as I now am)

Reply to
R D S

I've been trying to find out guide prices. The actual area of the worktops is just over 4 square metres. Seems you roughly double the cost of the material to include measuring up, making and fitting.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Getting on for £2k in today's money.

Reply to
GB

Pretty well what a relative says, and he has made a decent living all his life as a (truly) independent financial advisor.

Of course Turnip will know better. And expect sympathy when his wonderful investments crash.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)