Solution for a noisy pull cord.......

Hi, Firstly Hope everyone had a merry xmas.

A friend of mine has asked if I know any alternative for the bathroom light pullcord, his room is next to the bathroom and apparently keeps getting woken by people turning the light on, don't ask me he must be a light sleeper.

Anyhow my only suggestion was a movement sensor are these suitable for bathroom? or is there a pull cord that doesn't make that annoying click

Thanks for any help J

Reply to
John Borman

"John Borman" wrote | A friend of mine has asked if I know any alternative for the bathroom | light pullcord, his room is next to the bathroom and apparently keeps | getting woken by people turning the light on, don't ask me he must be | a light sleeper. | Anyhow my only suggestion was a movement sensor are these suitable for | bathroom? or is there a pull cord that doesn't make that annoying click

"Dimpull" a cord-operated dimmer.

do them.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Reply to
burbeck

Though regs creep is almost always in the direction of increasing restrictions, bathrooms is one area where they've become more permissive in certain ways. What Bob wrote used to be the simple and entire truth. These days, "ordinary" plateswitches are permitted PROVIDED they're out of reach of bath or shower - Zone III or Outside-The-Zones, which if I remember correctly means at least 600m from the nearest edge of any bath or shower; and should be of a 'suitable' type for the prevailing conditions (i.e. an ordinary plateswitch would be OK if it's not at all likely to get splashed, but if there's a showerhead which might splash about then an IPx5+ switch would be sensible).

That's from memory - google about for definition of the Bathroom Zones...

HTH - Stefek

Reply to
Stefek Zaba

Like I said last time this was asked (doesn't anybody spend a while on Google first?)

This is actually a dimmer, which I know you didn't specify

Thanks.It has a really quiet click, and does what is says on the box.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

The easiest solution would be to replace it with a dimpull This is a dimming pull switch, it has a microswitch inside that is very quiet!

Sparks

The state Google groups has been in, and the mess it makes when someone posts a reply from it, I'm not so certain wishing people use Google ATM is a good idea ! :~(

-- Reply to group please.

begin .......nothing!

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Wow! That's one heck of a bathroom!

Reply to
Karen

D'oh! There was me, vacilating whether to call it "2 feet", "60cm", or "600mm" - and inbetween the alternatives I made it just about three furlongs ;-)

Reply to
Stefek Zaba