Solderless copper bonding glue?

Hi,

I was in a PM the other day and noticed a leaflet for a solderless copper bonding liquid. Does this stuff work and how long do the joints last for? The website for the stuff was

James Salisbury

This chap is pretty happy (review on this page):

But seems expensive - £10-00 plus p&p to do 40 "welds"? What is a weld - a single 15mm connection? I'd assume so.

Also interesting that B&Q were touted as stockists (in 2005) but seem no longer to list it. I would have thought it just up their street - high profit, appeals to inexperienced people, etc.

Also - only usable for 12 months. Not therefore ideal to keep in the shed on a just-in-case basis.

Nonetheless, I would consider it for that damned inaccesible joint that urgently needs to be made.

Reply to
Rod

200 welds for $30 sounds better
Also - only usable for 12 months.

once opened ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

True. It could be 12 months and a day otherwise - or a decade. No information.

Must admit, my mind thought of buying some for a particulaly awkward job and leaving the remainder in the shed.

Reply to
Rod

Hi

I bought a bottle from B&Q last week, reduced from 30 quid to 20 quid for a large bottle - they had small bottles (not reduced) too. I usually use solder ring connections and this worked out a lot cheaper as I bought end feed.

All went very well, will let you know in 20 years if it's all still ok :)

Cheers Kev

Reply to
kevin

Reply to