Solar quote

Really, I somehow doubt that, too many variables. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

At the current price of electricity, that's just under £1000. Double it for Tim+'s larger quoted system and it does pay off the 14K (ignoring interest) in 7 years.

Reply to
SteveW

OOI, your December figure of 91 kWh works out at an efficiency (capacity factor) of 3.4% (91*100)/(3.64*24*31). Over the three months Dec Jan Feb it's 4.8%, very similar to the figure of 5% I gave earlier for typical winter values in the UK.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

OTOH how long can electricity prices stay at this 'let's finance windmills' level? I would expect new nuclear to at leats halve the cost of electricity by 2030

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Looks like the chickens are beginning to come home...

Chris Hogg

But that *is* 7 years away.

Reply to
SteveW

It will start earlier. Current electricity prices will destroy industry. Renewables only have a few years to run. Expect fracking and north sea gas to act as interim power sources pulling electricity prices down as net zero disintegrates under total indifference of the public to the 'climate change' faux narrative.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Work stops on the Norfolk offshore wind farm due to costs

Spike

No it won't. The generators and distributors will simply make lots more profit. Buy shares in National Grid, SSE etc

Reply to
Andrew