Solar PV. Rumours of cuts (Get in quick?).

Went down to the Three Counties Show & got talking to a PV installer. It transpires that there is a rumoured plan afoot to cut the payments for power generated made for new sub 10Kwp/4Kwp installations from next April. A figure of 10-20% cut is being bandied about. So, if you're contemplating PV, you need to get in quick to beat the cut. No doubt lots of others will get this idea too, it will get really busy immediately pre the event.

Thought it was too good a deal to last, so it sounds feasible.

The decision to cut payments for large arrays has already been published.

Reply to
harry

So, best to sign up today then!

if you believe that, I've got a big steel tower that I'm trying to get rid of in Paris. It'll make you a great wind turbine stand.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Good, Hope its retrospective.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No rumours needed it is changing on 31/3/2012 as per a "pre-arranged already published by HM Govt in February 2010 price structure that is index linked with degression"

Page 47 "Table of generation tariffs to 2020"

Apply index linking and there you have the price paid

You'll find that from now on it changes every year on the same day of the year until 2021

So 10% sounds about right. Pity it isn't 150%

Reply to
The Other Mike

I have to say that I find it difficult to understand what the government's real priority is in this area.

Surely, if the aim was maximum installed capacity at least cost, then keeping the FIT attractive, but lower, for large installations would achieve this. Since they apparently want to discourage large installations, I really don't know what their true target is. What advantage do they get by favouring domestic generation?

Anyway, I've generated just over 1.5 MWh in 7 months.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Opinion poll rating and votes

Opinion poll ratings esp Lib-Dems and votes

Reply to
hugh

No, they continue at the price at the start of the contract which is then index linked. If the index linking means the price paid drops then they will drop.

Presumably you've been called a thrush many times?

Reply to
The Other Mike

Yes. Quite often during my lifetime.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

It seems to whenever benefits are calculated ...

Reply to
Jethro