soil pipe

Hi All I am installing new bathroom in loft and need to connect w/c an

waste from shower to soil pipe but the only pipe that goes into loft i the vent pipe from the soil pipe from bathroom below. The soil and ven pipe are internal, the soil pipe is under the floor in downstair bathroom with the vent pipe up through downstair bathroom through lof and out through roof.Is it possible to run the w/c to this as its onl

3" so would need a 3" T-piece with a 4" outlet.

Ia

-- teleman

Reply to
teleman

Possible, but not legal. IIRC.

You need to increase the diameter to 4", then you can couple in OK.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On Thu, 25 May 2006 03:23:17 +0100 someone who may be teleman wrote this:-

Then it doesn't sound too difficult to enlarge the pipe from where the size currently reduces to above the height of the toilet outlet. The pipe could then reduce in size to go out through the existing vent. In essence moving the reduction of size higher up the house.

It is possible to do many things, but they may not be desirable and may fall foul of many rules and regulations (many of which are there for a purpose, but not all). In this particular case if you were foolish enough to do it I imagine the water level would rise in the pan quite a bit while flushing, the pan would not be cleansed very well and there might be blockages.

I would advise enlarging the pipe. If this is not possible for some reason, though I find it difficult to imagine one, then I would install a macerator.

Reply to
David Hansen

If you are only planning the one toilet, then 3" (75mm) seems to be okay - see part H table 2 & 3 Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Pearson

Mmm...I haven't go the regs handy...will that cope wih a bath and shower etc?

3"4" adapters are easy enough..
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher