Soil fall angle

I will be moving various bits of soil piping around and have drawn a blank on fall rates. From a look, old cast iron pipes look to have a generally steeper fall than modern (smooth) plastic piping [which makes sense]. Also, soil piping seems to come with either 2.5 degree or 22.5 degree branch adaptors. What are the regs / practice? Is it

2.5 degrees for plastic and 22.5 for iron?

Thanks,

Mark

Reply to
Mark Begbie

I looked this up the other day and found reference to it being from 1:40 to 1:80

LJ

Reply to
in2minds

The figures 18 - 90mm fall per metre run come to mind - going down to 9mm if you have more than 1 bog connected?, which going back to the original question means that 22.5 deg is too steep

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Pearson

IIRC building regs say the fall should be between 18 and 90mm per meter.

Have a look at approved document H:

John Rumm

That's between 1 and 5 degrees in real money!

Reply to
Set Square

Thats is, if its too steep the water runs away, and the solids have no water to travel with.

1 in 0 (vertical) is also allowed.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

I had 1:60 to 1:110 s being in te range for outside work.

I'd say that 1:60 lies within all our estimates,so should be adopted.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

or 1:11 to 1:50 in ratios

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

All "90 degree" fittings are 87.5 degrees to allow for a fall. The required fall depends on a lot of things (content, number of inlets etc)

Have a look at the Osma/Wavin site, in particular:

Reply to
Nigel M