So how come the smaller outlet

can charge less than the bigger outlet, I thought it was the other way round?

Two local decorater shops are selling 10 litres johnsons trade matt white for 13.99GBP and 12.99GBP and the sheds are selling it for 16.99GBP

Most odd.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Just because the bigger outlet may be able to purchase them cheaper than the smaller outlet, it doesn't mean they don't want to make more profit...

Reply to
Ian Cornish

The reason the big places are so profitable is that people think they are cheaper because they are bigger....

Reply to
Mike Harrison

My local independant plumbers merchant is much, much cheaper that Wickes or B&Q - and they know what they are talking about!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Why? You're falsely assuming the price charged to you bears any particular correlation with the price they've paid. Both outlets will sell it for what they can.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

The message from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

Gouging, innit. The prices charged by retailers, particularly the sheds are just plucked from the air according to the perceived value of the product and nothing to do with the cost.

For example, my nephew works for a shipping firm who deliver for a well known leather sofa firm. When accidents happen they only pay the leathershed for the supply cost of the item - rarely more than £50 for a sofa, often under £30.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from Mike Harrison contains these words:

eBay - people often pay more for something than they could buy it in the highstreet for.

Reply to
Guy King

Time to hatch a plot - how do we got =A350 sofas?

NT

Reply to
meow2222

The message from snipped-for-privacy@care2.com contains these words:

Import zillions of them from China like the big leatherbarns do.

Reply to
Guy King