small engineering firms SW or central Scotland?

I've got a couple of worn out suspension pins in an old Giant MTB frame and it's beginning to look like it might be easier to get someone to make new parts that source them from the manufacturer.

It's not a complicated piece and wouldn't have thought that it would take more than a few minutes on a lathe. Has anyone done anything like this? What kind of engineering firms should I be looking for for such a relatively small piece of work?

Can anybody recommend a firm local (ish) to me (Ayr).

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I'm over near Livingston and I'm sure if I asked around locally I would find someone to do that, and would have thought that every town or community of towns would have such an engineering works.

Unless the steel is something exotic, another source would be a local model engineering club.

If you really do get stuck, and again if the steel is nothing particularly special, I have a Myford 7 lathe that would cope with such a task, but I would either need the piece parts to copy or a fairly good drawing.

Cheers Rob

Reply to
robgraham

And again if you are really stuck this based in Falkirk.

ss