Slightly OT: failing Lucas wiper blades

Yes - you can still buy re-fills. Problem is knowing if they are of the same quality as Bosch, or whatever. As that tend to determine if they judder or squeak, etc.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

En el artículo , Dave Plowman (News) escribió:

That's true. I find squeaking can be cured by a small squirt of washing up liquid in the washer bottle. Also gets the screen squeaky (sic) clean.

I reckon if you can afford it, it's probably best to replace them entirely with decent Bosch ones. I just did the ones on Mom's Mini, a tenner each from Halfrauds. Pricey, but she was paying, it's her car :)

As an aside, Halfrauds has Mobil Super 3000 fully synth 5w-30 on offer atm, 5 litres for 24 quid. Seems a good deal.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I cured the ex wife's squeaky brakes with a bit of engine oil on the brake bads.

Reply to
ARW

Never heard of a Halfords trade card. So what fake ID do you need to produce to get one?

Reply to
ARW

I've retro fitted the flat type wiper blades to my old car. They don't particularly last any longer than any other blade but they do work a lot better.

Example of the type

alan_m

En el artículo , ARW escribió:

Is that why she's now your ex? :)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I got a choice just the other day when I replaced the originals that came with the car 9 years ago.

Not much difference in price so I bought a set of each and used the blade frame ones and kept the rubbers for next time.

Reply to
kshy

Hence the very ex wife. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I was lucky to know someone in the office that issued them.

Discount on some stuff is extremely good. Snag is there's no way of finding out except at the till. Halfords own brand and Bosch parts they stock is usually between 30-40% discount. Worst I've seen is 10% which means you may get that elsewhere cheaper.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)