Sink Plugs

Before I go to one of the sheds, are sink plugs measured in inches or metric? I assume there are a range of set sizes. I require one for a hole

3.5cm.

Dave

Reply to
David

Depends on your ruler, is it metric or imperial?

Take your sink with you to check the fit ;-)

You need a plug to fit a 35mm hole or 1 3/8", look at the packaging!

HTH

John

Reply to
John

Depends. If the water goes away in a clockwise spiral it's metraic, anticlockwise it's imperial.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Dunno about sinks, but isn't that a basin plug (rather than a bath plug)?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Plug sizes are normally imperial. The exact size can depend on the age of your sink. I had a problem with a Victorian bath waste that didn't take the modern plug size. The only answer was to taper turn a plug from solid and fit an O ring for sealing.

John

Reply to
John

And if it's horizontal, check the contaminated land register for indian burial grounds.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Ooooh..You clever thing you .!!!!) :-)

Reply to
Stuart

Or for those without a lathe, put a rubber plug in the freezer until it's solid, then grind or file it to fit.

Reply to
Nick